I can’t keep my head on straight these days. My mind is all over the place. Even with bumping therapy up to two times a month, and staying on top of my medication, I feel like I can’t keep my emotions and thoughts in check. Here is a list of things I was thinking about within a five-minute span of time this morning while I was “relaxing” and drinking my coffee:
- The yard needs mowed
- Call the hot tub guy about the new cover that is coming
- Which dog pooped in the hallway?
- Is it okay to let Jackson (my 11YO) study criminal justice when he’s in college?
- Who was the guy the neighbors had to call the cops on last night?
- Our governor is a nutcase
- Did I register to vote absentee?
- I’m glad my husband fixed the hydraulics in my office chair
- I need to bathe the dogs today
- When will it be safe to leave my house? May 30th?
- There were 500 more positive tests over night here
- Masks came in the mail!
- Thank-you cards need to go out
- Jerimiah ordered me new headphones
- We need to legalize weed, and let people out of prison ASAP
- Adele is so great
- My hands are sweaty, but my feet are cold
- Is it going to rain today?
- Why can’t I write?!
- How often do normal people poop?
- Robin Williams was awesome
- I’m gonna drink some wine tonight
- I’ve been drinking too much wine
- I need to organize my office
- How much Tylenol is too much Tylenol?
- Senior Citizens in nursing homes should be locked down
- I hope we can still manage a “Fifth Grade Fun Day!” this summer
- I need to start the Couch to 5K
- What was that book I wanted to read?
- I should text my friends and say hi
- I missed that voting thing with Michelle Obama, I’m a loser, Michelle was counting on me
- I wish I had a backpack leaf blower
- What happened to Ben Folds?
That is a snippet of what I was thinking about. I couldn’t write the exhaustive list.
What is going on you guys? What is keeping your mind racing? Are you able to combat that feeling? What is working? What is not? What have you tried? What are you excited about trying?